The chicken bakes up tender while the spinach and cream cheese mixture melt into a rich cream sauce. That would be delicious over rice (or cauliflower rice to keep it low carb), pasta, or potatoes (or mashed cauliflower).
Once baked, the sauce surrounding the chicken will be a little thin. Don’t worry! It will thicken as the dish cools, and regardless, it tastes great! The chicken and other ingredients will naturally release a bit of liquid as they cook. But the best way to prevent the sauce from being too watery is to remove as much liquid as possible; from the high-moisture content ingredients. The thawed spinach and the can artichokes.
To do this, use a kitchen towel or stack a few paper towels on top of one another. Wrap them tightly around the spinach, and wring it out, discarding any excess liquid. Do the same thing for the artichoke hearts.
Make-Ahead Baked Chicken
This is one of those baked chicken recipes that are ideal for a hectic weeknight. Because you can make it ahead of time! Prep, it in advance and bake it later. Just follow the recipe instructions for assembling the dish, and rather than baking it right away. Cover and refrigerate for up to a day before cooking.
Spinach Artichoke Baked Chicken
This is essentially a delicious hot spinach artichoke dip with chicken baked right into it. It’s your favorite app turned into dinner. And it’s easy! Just dice boneless skinless chicken breast, and arrange it in a baking dish. And top it with a rich and creamy mixture of softened cream cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, a dollop of mayonnaise, spinach, and artichoke hearts. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes and voila! Dinner is served.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-ounce package of frozen spinach thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 14.5 ounce can of artichoke hearts in water drained
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the thawed spinach and artichokes as you can. Use a kitchen towel or stack a few paper towels on top of one another. Wrap them tightly around the spinach, and wring it out, discarding any excess liquid. Do the same thing for the artichoke hearts. Once drained, roughly chop the artichokes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayo, parmesan, and garlic powder. And black pepper until combined. Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
- Arrange the cut-up chicken breast in the bottom of a baking dish. And spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving over potatoes, rice, or pasta (or cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower to keep it low carb!).
Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 2933mg | Potassium: 2262mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 56104IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 717mg | Iron: 10mg