Hi Everyone, We all look for a healthier and lighter option for lunch or dinner. As it is suggested to not have a single heavy meal, instead have lighter two meals. So breaking up breakfast, lunch, and dinner into two is suggested. In today’s world, it’s hard to keep a balance between work and a good diet for working women. Here I come up with a recipe that is healthy, easy and quick to make, light and tasty.
Healthy Brown Rice
Healthy Brown Rice Salad Recipe
Serves 6-8, cal/ser – 162
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 green capsicum- chopped
- 2 stalks of celery- chopped
- 1 tomato- chopped
- 1-2 green onions- finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini- chopped (1 and a half cups)
- 1/2 red capsicum- diced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tsp dry rosemary or thyme or any herb
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (til)- roasted on taw till light brown
Method to prepare
- Boil 6 cups of water with 1 tsp salt. Add washed brown rice. Bring to boil. Cover and cook on very low heat for about 25 minutes till the water is absorbed. Spread rice on a tray to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients with the cooled rice using two forks. Top with some more roasted sesame seeds and serve.
Note: You can cook rice and keep it refrigerated, whenever you are in hurry for a meal, just mix all the ingredients with rice and the salad is ready. 🙂
I guess it would be a great meal for those who are very busy in their lives but do not want to give up their balanced diet. Try it and don’t forget to share your experience with us. 🙂
You may also like reading these healthy recipes.